Are you interested in joining the World Trade Center Dublin team?
The Internship Program Overview
World Trade Center Dublin (WTCD) sits within the prestigious World Trade Centers Association (WTCA). This network provides access to WTCA resources which include trade infrastructure in more than 100 countries, and a global network of more than one million companies.
World Trade Center Dublin work with governments and private companies to support international trade for small and medium size companies. Our members and partner organizations are focused on scaling trade from Ireland.
The WTCD internship program is an exciting opportunity for an individual to take an active role in shaping and delivering services for one of the world’s most professional and respected organisations. The individual will become an integral part of the formative team. He/she will have the opportunity to work with and learn from very experienced international trade professionals and advisors. He/she will also have the unique chance to work with a very well respected and experienced management team. WTCD is part of the Drew Company which runs and operates the World Trade Centers in Boston and Washington DC. This offers the individual the opportunity to work closely with and learn from colleagues in the USA and around the world. Every opportunity will be afforded to the right candidate to allow them to develop their career including mentoring and educational assistance.
Internship candidate specifications:
- Sales and marketing experience desirable.
- Degree or in the process of completing a degree in business, marketing or international trade.
- Interest in international business and trade community.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience in research and reporting.
- Commitment to exceeding client expectations and delivering the highest standard in customer service.
- Willingness to learn.
- Team player & positive outlook.
Internship Role Description:
- Online and phone-based support with external queries.
- Trade research and reporting.
- Relationship building with WTCD partners.
- Member showcase through WTCD media channels.
- Participate in strategic team meetings.
I am glad I chose Dublin for my internship experience as the country is the gateway to the EU for much of the world. While working at WTC Dublin my co-workers were diligent and supportive friends, understanding that a new country can take some getting used, although it took no time at all with the help I was given.
One of the highlights was to visit the Spanish embassy and see Spanish people working in Ireland. Everybody at the office was very kind with me from the beginning and very helpful if I ever had a problem. I highly recommend this place to work. Thank you to all the team.
The Dublin team is incredibly welcoming, kind and friendly; they have helped me a lot, both in improving my English knowledge and learning about how they help clients to grow their business overseas. I really want to thank you all and I am extremely grateful to all of you for what you’ve done for me!